MCMURDO–SmartFind G8 Manual EPIRB with AIS
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
SmartFind G8 Manual EPIRB with AIS
|Battery Life||48 Hours|
|Battery Storage Life||10 Years|
|Dimensions||4.09" x 8.54" x 4.80"|
|Warranty Details||Five years with product registration within 90 days of purchase|
The McMurdo SmartFind G8 AIS and the Kannad SafePro AIS are the world's first EPIRBs to include 406MHz, 121.5MHz, AIS and GNSS (better known as GPS) to accelerate search and rescue. The unique power of these new award winning beacons is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities long demanded by maritime customers. This will further reduce rescue times by combining the global location power of 406MHz with the localized rescue capacities of AIS, first introduced to the world in McMurdo's AIS MOB range.
The SmartFind G8 Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) is a safety device carried by a vessel to alert search and rescue services and allow them to quickly locate you in the event of an emergency. When activated it transmits a coded message on the 406 MHz distress frequency which is monitored by the Cospas-Sarsat satellite system. The alert is then relayed via an earth station to the nearest Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC). With an EPIRB you can summon help wherever you are on the planet, subscription free, no matter how remote!
- Optimized for MEOSAR Enhanced detection capability for accelerated rescue
- VHF homer 121.5MHz swept tone 406 frequency International rescue frequency
- GNSS receiver 72 channels multi-constellation
- AIS capability AIS for localized rescue SmartTransfer Manual bracket allowing transport without activating water switch
- Auto-housing option Automatic deployment when submerged 1 - 4m Activation method Manual or water activation
- SmartCarry Concealed hands-free easy carry strap
- SmartBase Impact protection
- SmartLight 3 lights, 360 degree coverage
- SmartSwitch Reusable ON power button cover, to prevent accidental activation
- Battery storage life 10 years (Lithium Iron Disulphide)
- SmartChange Easy service battery
- Global service network 200+ service centres across 80+ countries Multiple self tests 120 short tests for system check and 20 Long tests which include testing of the GNSS receivers
- Warranty 1 + 4 years with 1 year extension on safety check
- Part of McMurdo Ecosystem Developed with McMurdo’s unique understanding of the technical requirements to fully utilize the Cospas-Sarsat infrastructure
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.