MERCURY MARINE–3.5hp 4-Stroke Outboard, 15" Shaft Length
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
3.5hp 4-Stroke Outboard, 15" Shaft Length
15 Inch Shaft
Three Years Corrosion
Three Years Limited
Mercury Marine’s 4-stroke technology consumes 40 percent less fuel than 2-stroke models for extraordinary value and savings.
Engines surpass California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star Rating, making them some of the cleanest running on the market-with 91% less emissions than traditional 2-stroke outboards!
The inherent 4-stroke characteristics of ultra-quiet, smoke-free operation, plus smooth idling and running make these engines a natural choice whether you’re trolling for fish or out just for fun. Clean running 4-stroke engines have a CARB three-star, ultra-low emissions rating. The decompression system and electronic CD ignition design ensure an easy, reliable start. One-stage over-rev protection and low oil pressure warning system provide extra peace of mind. All models are sold with a propeller.
- Patented one-piece integrated cylinder block design provides added reliability by eliminating gaskets and fasteners and makes the powerhead much more compact and lightweight
- Check oil level without removing the cowling with convenient, easy-to-view sight gauge
- This engine delivers maximum performance with the largest displacement in the 3.5 hp category
- A twist-grip throttle and 360-degree steering make it easy to use
- For U.S. shipment ONLY
- Engine Type: 4-stroke
- Full Throttle RPM: 3.5hp: 5,000-6,000
- Exhaust System: Above prop
- Dry Weight: 38 lbs.
- Start: Manual, with decompression system
- Steering Type: Tiller with 360° turning
- Gearing: F-N, 2.15:1
- Trim Positions: 4
- Recommended Fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Tank Type: Integral fuel tank
- Tank Capacity: 0.3gal.
Note: These Mercury outboards have 4-stroke engines and, like virtually all 4-stroke engines, depend on oil in their crankcases for lubrication. To prevent the oil from leaking during transport, the engines are not shipped with oil in their crankcases. You must put the correct amount and grade of oil in the crankcase prior to the first use or you will cause extensive damage to your engine, which is not covered by your engine’s warranty. Please read the owner’s manual for more information.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.