6hp 4-Stroke Outboard, 15" Shaft Length
Mercury Marine’s 4-stroke technology consumes 40 percent less fuel than 2-stroke models for extraordinary value and savings.
Engines surpass California Air Resources Board (CARB) 3-Star Rating, making them some of the cleanest running on the market-with 91% less emissions than traditional 2-stroke outboards!
The inherent 4-stroke characteristics of ultra-quiet, smoke-free operation, plus smooth idling and running make these engines a natural choice whether you’re trolling for fish or out just for fun. Clean running 4-stroke engines have a CARB three-star, ultra-low emissions rating.
The decompression system and electronic CD ignition design ensure an easy, reliable start. One-stage over-rev protection and low oil pressure warning system provide extra peace of mind. All models are sold with a propeller.
- 4-stroke technology is quiet, clean running and 40 percent more fuel efficient than comparable 2-stroke engines, with exceptional idling
- A standard automatic cylinder decompression system greatly reduces starting pull force for effortless starting
- The 6 hp model delivers ultimate portability with its integrated fuel tank and shut-off valve to prevent fuel spillage
- A full forward-neutral-reverse side shift is standard
- Engine Type: 4-stroke, two-valve pushrod
- Weight: 57lb.
- Exhaust: Though prop
- Start: Manual, with decompression system
- Gearing: F-N-R, 2.15:1
- Trim Positions: six, plus shallow-water drive
- Tank Type: Integral fuel tank (0.3 gal.)
- Steering Type: Tiller
- For U.S. shipment ONLY
Note: These Mercury outboards have 4-stroke engines and, like virtually all 4-stroke engines, depend on oil in their crankcases for lubrication. To prevent the oil from leaking during transport, the engines are not shipped with oil in their crankcases. You must put the correct amount and grade of oil in the crankcase prior to the first use or you will cause extensive damage to your engine, which is not covered by your engine’s warranty. Please read the owner’s manual for more information.
For U.S. shipment ONLY.
6hp 4-Stroke Outboard, 15" Shaft Length
15 Inch Shaft
Three Years Corrosion
Three Years Limited
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).