OCEAN SIGNAL–RescueME EPIRB 1 Category II Manual Release
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
RescueME EPIRB 1 Category II Manual Release
|Battery Life||48+ Hours|
|Battery Storage Life||10 Years|
|Dimensions||7" Height x 3.5" Diameter|
|Minimum Requirements||Registration Required|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
EPIRB1 is the world’s most compact Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon, 30 percent smaller compared to other products.
Ten-year battery life: The rescueME EPIRB1 provides peace of mind with an impressive 10 year battery life. The world’s most compact EPIRB can always be on hand, as its small size allows it to be easily retained within its quick release bracket or placed in an emergency grab-bag or life raft.
Two high-brightness strobes: A simple protective tab over the operating keys prevents inadvertent activation, yet allows for easy operation when required. The rescueME EPIRB1 also features two high brightness strobes to maximize visibility in low light conditions.
The retractable antenna provides maximum protection and a reduced outline for stowage. When required the antenna is easily deployed with a gentle pull.
- 30 percent (typical) smaller than other EPIRBs
- 10 year battery life, longest available
- 48+ hours operational life
- Five-year warranty
- Fast accurate positioning with 66-channel GPS
- Retractable antenna
- Quick release bracket
- Secure lanyard
- Frequency: 406 MHz (12W) with 121.5 MHz homing (50mW nominal)
- Activation: Manual release (Category II)
- Battery Type: Class 2 (non-hazmat) Lithium Manganese Dioxide (LiMnO2)
- Battery Life: 10-year replacement life, 48-hour operational life
- Strobe: White dual high-intensity LED, 20–30 flashes per minute
- GPS: Internal 66-channel receiver
- Material: High-impact UV-resistant polymer
- Waterproof Rating: Waterproof to 33' (10m) depth for five minutes
- Dimensions: 7"H x 3 1/2"W x 3 15/16"D (178mm x 89mm x 100mm)
- Weight: 14.7oz. (422g)
- Approvals: Cospas Sarsat T.001/T.007 IEC61097-2, RTCM SC11000, IC RSS287
- Warranty: Five years
As the owner of this 406 MHz Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB), you are required by law to register your beacon with the EPIRB National Authority of your country — and update that registration every two years. United States: NOAA www.beaconregistration.noaa.gov/
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.