Linethrower 250 Body and Line Only
The Pains Wessex Linethrower 250 is a self-contained single-shot, line-throwing appliance that is fully compliant with international and SOLAS/MED regulations.
This self-contained line throwing device contains 250 meters of 4mm diameter line and can be used for ship-to-shore, shore-to-ship, and ship-to-ship line-throwing. The body is plastic with integral striker and requires a rocket (sold separately) that uses a solid propellant to guarantee a high accuracy flight path in strong side winds.
Typically four units are required to be carried on SOLAS vessels. Before use, this device needs to be fitted with a 9500800 rocket; you can pass a line 250 meters on land or sea. Never fire the rocket without a drag line attached. Replace the container along with every third set of rockets or after 9 years.
- Contains 250m of 4mm-diameter line
- Store in a dry, easily accessible location
- Minimum line-throwing range of 250'
- Body is non-hazardous for transport without rocket fitted
- Typically 4 units required to be carried on SOLAS vessels
- -22 to 149°F operating temperature range
- -22 to 167°F storage temperature range
- SOLAS and USCG approved
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.