PAINS-WESSEX–MK8 Red Handheld SOLAS Flare
MK8 Red Handheld SOLAS Flare
|Alert / Locate||Locate|
|Burn Time||1 Minute|
Alert others to your location with Pains-Wessex USCG-approved and SOLAS-compliant MK8 Red Handheld Flare.
Designed for use as a short-range distress signal to pinpoint your position in an emergency situation day or night 5 miles away. This flare produces a dense smoke cloud that burns for one minute at 15,000 candelas. Featuring a unique, telescopic handle for a compact and easy to stow design. With simple and clear instructions boaters will find these flares easy to extend and use with the pull wire igniter. Store flares in a dry place on your boat.
- Produces dense, red smoke cloud for locating boaters in distress
- Visible short-range day or night
- Easy-to-use instructions
- Signal Type: Red handheld flare
- Burn Time: One minute
- Light Output: 15,000 candela
- Deployment Method: Pull wire igniter
- Type Approval: USCG, SOLAS-compliant, IMO, MED
- Maximum Visibility Range: 5 miles
- Dimensions: 6-7/8”L x 1-1/8”dia.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.