Men's MOC Hybrid Shorts
|Care||Machine Wash Warm/Tumble Dry Low|
|Material||95% Nylon / 5% Elastane|
|Water Resistance||Water Repellent|
Whether you're catching waves or reeling in sailfish, these hybrid board shorts have the features you need.
Paddling out past the break, you need shorts that offer a secure, comfortable fit and pockets that self-drain so you won't resemble an anchor. Fishermen require shorts with pockets dedicated to tools and gear, plus quick-drying, sun-protective fabric. Patagonia's MOC Hybrid Shorts feature all that and more. Made from the same mostly recycled nylon and spandex fabric with 4-way stretch (that's up and down and side to side) as their popular Stretch Wavefarer® Board Shorts. There's a DWR (durable water repellent) finish so they repel moisture and dry quickly. On top of that, they also feature 50+ UPF sun protection so you won't have to cut your fishing trip short to deal with a sunburn.
The fit is laid-back with a 3-piece, self-lined waistband that contours to your hips for extra comfort to keep up with your waterlife activities. You'll find belt loops in case you need a belt to hang more fishing gear on, a flat-lying zipper fly with a ladderlock drawstring closure and a mesh gasket to easily drain water after swimming. To help you get organized for fishing, there are two front slash pockets with reinforced webbing and a tool fastener, a zippered right-leg pocket that's fly box compatible and has an internal key loop, a button-closure left-leg cargo pocket and two rear drop-in pockets with overlapping flaps—all self-draining. The crotch features gussets that provide full freedom of motion and increased comfort when the action heats up.
4.2oz., 96% nylon (62% recycled)/4% spandex. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing. Fabric is certified as bluesign approved. Imported.
The MOC Hybrid Shorts feature a sun protection rating of 50+ UPF (Ultraviolet Protection Factor), which means only 1/50th of the sun's UV rays that fall on the surface will pass through and reach your skin. The sun protection is built-in so, unlike messy sunscreen, it won't wear off or need to be reapplied throughout the day.
Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing
What makes a factory Fair Trade Certified? Rigorous standards for health and safety, respect for the environment, no child or forced labor, maternity and paid leave, community empowerment and additional money back to workers. Patagonia pays a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries their label. That extra money goes directly back to the factory workers, and they decide how to spend it. They can allocate it as a cash bonus, use it for a collective social investment or both.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers and safe for the end customers. Fabric that is certified as bluesign approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in its manufacture that conserves resources and minimizes impacts on people and the environment.
- Lightweight, durable, quick-drying fabric with 4-way stretch
- DWR finish sheds moisture and speeds up drying time
- 50+ UPF sun protection so you can stay out all day
- Fair Trade Certified sewing provides extra money for factory workers
- bluesign approved fabric offers the highest level of consumer safety
- Three-piece, self-lined waistband with belt loops that contours to your hips
- Durable, bartacked, ladderlock drawstring closure for security and strength
- Flat-lying zipper fly with mesh gasket that drains easily
- Two front slash pockets with self-draining mesh pocket bags, reinforced webbing and tool fastener
- Zippered, fly-box compatible right-leg pocket with internal key loop
- Self-draining, button-closure cargo pocket on left leg
- Two rear drop-in pockets with overlapping flaps and mesh pocket bags
- Gusseted crotch for increased comfort and full freedom of motion
- Regular length with 21" outseam provides greater sun protection
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.