A high neckline front and a bikini-inspired strappy back give this dress a look that travels well.
Just what is it that makes Patagonia's Sliding Rock Dress such a welcome travel companion? We thought you'd never ask. First the things you can't see: it's soft; it's lightweight (7.8 ounces); it's stretchy; it wicks sweat; it has Polygiene® permanent odor control; and it has an interior shelf bra for support. Now for the things you can see: it has a high neckline to protect your chest from the sun; it has crisscrossing triple elastic straps for style and support; it has a single-layer cowl at the lower back for a draped effect; it has a drop tail hem with a slight scoop that hits right above your knees; and it has 2" side slits for extra movement. 5.2oz., 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex. Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved and Fair Trade Certified™ sewn. Imported
Polygiene® Odor Control
Polygiene permanently protects your dress from smelling on the sweaty side of fresh. Although sweat itself is odorless, it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of the odor-causing bacteria on the fabric, so you can wear your dress more and wash it less. Polygiene-treated products can be washed at lower temperatures and washed less often, because they can be worn several times between launderings. This is significant because energy and water used to wash and dry garments at home is a major contributor to water use, energy use, and greenhouse gas emissions over the lifetime of a garment. The useful lifetime of your dress is diminished with bacteria and repeated laundering. The Polygiene treatment adds life to your dress so you don't need to buy a new one as often.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers and safe for the end customers. Fabric that is certified as bluesign approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in its manufacture that conserves resources and minimizes impacts on people and the environment.
Fair Trade Certified™ Sewing
What makes a factory Fair Trade Certified? Rigorous standards for health and safety, respect for the environment, no child or forced labor, maternity and paid leave, community empowerment and additional money back to workers. Patagonia pays a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries their label. That extra money goes directly back to the factory workers, and they decide how to spend it. They can allocate it as a cash bonus, use it for a collective social investment or both.
- Stretchy, recycled polyester and spandex is soft and lightweight
- Moisture wicking helps you stay cool and dry
- Polygiene® permanent odor control for extended wear
- bluesign approved fabric offers the highest level of consumer safety
- Fair Trade Certified sewing provides extra money for factory workers
- Higher neckline protects your chest from sun exposure
- An interior shelf bra provides support
- Triple elastic straps crisscross in back for added style and support
- Single-layer cowl on lower back creates a modern drape
- Finished with 2" slit on the side seams for additional movement
- Slight scoop at drop tail hem hits right above the knees
Women's Sliding Rock Dress
|Material||85% Recycled Polyester/15% Spandex Jersey|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).