PETTIT PAINT–Inflatable Boat Antifouling Paint, Black, Quart (Not for Sale in California)
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Inflatable Boat Antifouling Paint, Black, Quart (Not for Sale in California)
|Aluminum Safe||Not Aluminum Safe|
|Copper Free||Not Copper Free|
|Coverage||107 Square Feet/Quart|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 1-4 Hours; To Launch: 12-48 Hours|
|Type||Water Based Inflatable Boat Antifouling|
Multi-season, water-based antifouling paint for hard- or soft-bottom inflatables.
Pettit's Antifouling Paint for Inflatable Boats is a water-based antifouling bottom coating designed to prevent the growth of all types of saltwater and freshwater fouling. Unlike solvent-based paints, the water-based formula of this paint makes it more pleasant to apply and better for the environment. Along with cuprous oxide to prevent marine fouling, the formula also contains the slicking agent PTFE, which reduces drag for maximum speed and fuel efficiency.
Not for sale in California
- Water-based technology for easy application and cleanup
- Ablative finish reduces coating buildup through controlled erosion
- Withstands frequent trailering, beaching and launching
- Contains PTFE for reduced drag and additional speed
- Type: Copolymer ablative
- Finish: Flat
- Available Color: Black
- Components: 1
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent release
- Solids by Weight: 73+2%
- Solids by Volume: 40+2%
- Coverage: 430sq.ft/gal.
- VOC: 150 g/l max. (1.25 lbs/gal)
- Active Ingredients: Cuprous oxide 41%
- Flash Point: None
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2 minimum, with additional coat at waterline recomended
- Wet Film Thickness/coat: 3.75 mils
- Dry Film Thickness/coat: 1.5 mils
- Application Temperature Min./Max. Range: 50° F. Min. / 90° F. Max
- Thinner: 97 Epoxy thinner, 120 Brushing thinner
Drying Times* (Hours)
Drying @50°F @70°F @90°F To touch 1 hr. 1/2 hr. 1/4 hr. To recoat 4 hr. 2hr. 1 hr. To launch 48 hr. 16 hr. 12 hr.
*The above dry times are minimums. May be recoated after the minimum time shown. There is no maximum dry time before launching.
Get the right amount of paint:
To determine bottom paint quantity by estimating the approximate surface area of the hull below the waterline, using the following formula:
Length x Beam x .75 = Approximate underwater surface area in square feet.
Each paint has a “theoretical coverage” area, but most paints require at least two coats, so you can expect actual coverage to be no greater than half of the theoretical value.
For detailed application instructions see the Pettit's inflatable antifouling paint Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.