PETTIT PAINT–Non-Antifouling Hard Racing Copper Bronze Paint, Quart
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Non-Antifouling Hard Racing Copper Bronze Paint, Quart
|Aluminum Safe||Not Aluminum Safe|
|Copper Free||Not Copper Free|
|Coverage||200 Square Feet/Quart|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 8-36 Hours; To Launch: 2-8 Days|
Buff your boat’s bottom to an ultra-smooth racing surface.
Recommended for use in freshwater on racing hulls, sailboats, runabouts or cruisers, Petit Old Salem Hard Racing Copper Bronze is a good choice for creation of a hard, smooth racing surface. Although Petit Old Salem Hard Racing Copper Bronze is not an antifouling paint, it does contain copper flake pigment, which accounts for its characteristic bronze hue. It can be buffed to a high gloss for an ultra-smooth racing surface. Excellent for trailered boats, and suitable for use on fiberglass, wood and steel hulls.
- For dry sailed boats or boats stored in non-fouling fresh water
- Can be buffed to give a high gloss, ultra smooth surface
- Suitable for use on fiberglass, wood and steel hulls
- Excellent for trailered boats
- Type: Oleoresinous Varnish
- Finish: Glossy
- Available Colors: Bronze
- Components: 1
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent Release Oxidation
- Solids by Weight: 63 +/- 2%
- Solids by Volume: 43 +/- 2%
- Coverage: 800sq.ft/gal.
- VOC: 450 g/l (3.76 lbs. /gal) as supplied
- Flash Point: 106°F
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2
- Wet Film Thickness/coat: 2.3 mils
- Dry Film Thickness/coat: 1.0 mils
- Application Temperature Min. /Max. Range: 50° F. Min. /90° F. Max.
- Thinner: 121 Spraying Thinner, Model 249995; 120 Brushing Thinner, Model 249961
Drying Times* (Hours)
Drying @50°F @70°F @90°F To recoat 36 hr. 16 hr. 8 hr. To launch 8-days 4-days 2-days
*The above dry times are minimums. May be recoated after the minimum time shown. There is no maximum dry time before launching.
For detailed application instructions, see the Pettit Old Salem Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.