RONSTAN–4 5/16" L X 5/8" Stainless Steel Standard S-Bail Snap Shackle
4 5/16" L X 5/8" Stainless Steel Standard S-Bail Snap Shackle
|Breaking Strength||7940 Pounds|
|Length||4 11/32 Inches|
|Type||Standard Bail Snap|
All stainless steel is used throughout these shackles for excellent corrosion resistance.
Investment cast 15-5 PH stainless steel body and hasp, with Grade 316 plunger and pin for high strength-to-weight ratio. Highly polished finish for outstanding corrosion resistance. Pull pins have heavy-duty springs to resist accidental opening. Several bail configurations suit all applications on board.
- Heavy duty plunger springs and precision components ensure dependable service
- Body and hasp profiles are designed for easy clearance of lines and fittings when released
- High strength to weight ratio
- Split ring on plunger pin is spot welded for security
- A lanyard can be attached to the plunger pin for easy opening
NOTE: Functional load is the point at which snap shackles distort beyond usability but before they break.Use 50% of this value, at most, for working load.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles