RONSTAN–Series 15 Double Block, Loop Head
Series 15 Double Block, Loop Head
|Ball Bearings||Stainless Steel|
|Diameter||3/16 Inch or 5 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
The Ronstan Series 15 Ball Bearing Double Block is a tiny, light and versatile block with a 5/8" diameter sheave and a very high Breaking Load.
Ronstan's Series 15 Ball Bearing Utility Blocks are the tiniest ball bearing blocks anywhere, running on sheaves only 5/8" (15 mm) in diameter.
They're so light, strong and inexpensive that you can use them in lots of creative applications, like shock cord retractors for your control lines, purchase systems for your foiling Moth, or outfitting your kid's El Toro, Sabot or Opti. Use them for cunninghams, vangs and tweakers, or even for non-boating applications.
- This double block includes a loop head
- The sheave is precisely-molded, UV-stabilized acetal running on stainless steel ball bearings, so it delivers high performance with low friction
- Cheeks, headpost, shackle and ball bearings are all 316 grade stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance in saltwater sailing
- Smallest and lightest ball bearing block available
- Sheave Diameter: 5/8" (15 mm)
- Max. Line Diameter: 3/16" (5 mm)
- Max. Working Load (MWL): 260 lb. (120 kg)
- Breaking Load: 1540 lb. (700 kg)
- Weight: 0.8 oz. (23 g)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.