RONSTAN–Series 50 All-Purpose Single Block
20% Off - Ends 07/05/20
Series 50 All-Purpose Single Block
|Ball Bearings||Low Friction Bearings|
|Diameter||1/2 Inch or 13 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||1650 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||50 mm|
General application blocks provide performance and value.
A smooth and efficient block is critical to the conversation between sailor and boat—especially for hand-held control lines. Ronstan designed the Series 50 All-Purpose blocks to give dinghy and small keelboat sailors the feedback to detect subtle wind changes and sail as efficiently as possible. These light-weight blocks feature a durable, self-lubricating, UV stable acetal sheave that runs smoothly on a 316 stainless steel bearing. Fiber reinforced nylon cheeks provide rigidity and strength and are beefed up 316 stainless steel load straps. The included shackle features a pin with a low-profile head to prevent snagging on smaller lines. Get the messages your boat sends you though the lines by using efficient and smooth Ronstan Series 50 All-Purpose blocks.
This 50mm single with shackle head is versatile and can be used for a wide range of applications. Great for halyard tuners, Cunninghams, dinghy sheets and more.
- Light weight blocks designed for moderate to high static and dynamic loads
- Ideal for hand-held control lines
- Captive lock secures swivel at 0° or 90° or left to swivel freely
- Sliding acetal bearing on 316 stainless steel race handles high loads and maintains low friction
- Fiber reinforced nylon cheeks to add strength while reducing weight
- Self-lubricating, UV stable acetal sheave is strong and light-weight
- 316 stainless steel load straps add strength
- Ideal for:
- Dinghy and small keelboat sheets
- Halyard tuning systems
- Backstay systems on dinghies and smaller keelboats
- Boom vangs (cascade systems)
Ronstan Selection Guide
|Sheave Diameter||Line Compatibility||Shackle Pin Diameter|
|50mm||1/2" (12mm)||3/16" (1/4" for Double and Triple blocks)|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.