SAMSON ROPE–XLS Extra-T Double Braid, Sold by the Foot
Low stretch performance in a lightweight line.
Created for performance-oriented cruisers and casual racers wanting higher strength and lighter weight than that found in polyester double braid. Like Samson’s competition-grade line, XLS Extra-T offers the smooth flexibility of a 24-strand braided polyester cover with a braided core made from a blend of MFP and SK-75 Dyneema®. The blended core offers the strength and light weight of Dyneema® fiber for performance without the high price of a 100% Dyneema® core. Cover Fiber/Construction: 24-strand polyester. Core Fiber/Construction: Multi-Filament Polypropylene (MFP)/Dyneema®. Stretch: 1.0% at 20% of breaking strength.
- Higher strength and lower stretch than polyester double braid
- SK-75 Dyneema blend braided core with polyester cover; 1.0% stretch at 20% of breaking strength
- 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2" diameters
- Blue, Red, Green, White; Sold by the foot
- Double-braid construction, Polyester cover; MFP/Dyneema core Cover
- Fiber construction 24-strand polyester
- Good wire halyard replacement
- Control Line
- Dinghy Control Line
- Jib/Genoa Sheet
- Reef Line
- Spinnaker Guy
- Spinnaker Sheet
Not Recommended: High-load, high-tech racers
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.