SHAKESPEARE–Mariner 8900 8' 6dB VHF Antenna
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Mariner 8900 8' 6dB VHF Antenna
|Lead||20' RG-8X Cable with PL-259 Connector|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
Top-performing exclusive Mariner 8900 boasts silver plating for extra conductivity, tough construction and a no-solder connector.
The Mariner 8900 features a maximum range antenna rig with an integrated extra-tough fiberglass radome. For windy conditions, high speeds and rough seas, this rugged unit stands up strong when mounted on hardtops, T-tops and radar arches. Silver plating beefs up performance for crystal clear communication. Includes “no-solder” gold Center-Pin®, PL-259 connector.
- Silver-plated elements for maximum electrical efficiency that actually improves with age
- Over time, as the silver surface oxidizes it becomes silver oxide, which is a better conductor than the oxides that form on un-plated brass and copper
- PL-259 Gold Plated Center-Pin® connectors make installing the connector a snap
- Protected by a proprietary high-gloss polyurethane that won't fuzz or turn yellow in the sun
- Mirror-finished stainless steel ferrule with 1"-14 threads is polished to a high luster
- Flexible RG-8X low-loss cable has higher power capabilities, lower loss per foot, UV-stable jacketing, a stranded copper core and higher concentrations of copper shielding to help maximize performance
- Ethafoam spacer system provides strong mechanical support and isolates the radiators from vibration and moisture for long, dependable service
- Quality brass choking sleeves insulate the copper inner conductor and suppress cable radiation
- Backed up by a best-in-class five-year warranty
- Purchase a 1"-14 threaded antenna mount separately
- One-section, 8' antenna
- 1 Antenna assembly
- 1 Center-Pin® PL-259 Connector with instruction sheet
- 1 Grommet plug
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.