AP70 Thruster Pack with AP70, AC70, RF300 and SD80
Large Power Vessel Course Computer
On/Off Proprtional Rudder Drives
Thruster Control/Multiple Solenoids
|Display Type||TFT LCD|
|Type||Autopilot System Pack|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Get the system you need at a terrific savings.
Value Pack includes AP70 Autopilot Control , AC70 Drive Computer, RF300 Rudder Feedback Unit (without heading sensor) Plus SD80 Solenoid Drive Interface.
AP70 Autopilot Controller
The AP70 is Simrad's flagship autopilot controller, embedded with the most comprehensive technology from over 60 years of experience. This state-of-the-art, commercial grade autopilot combines an unrivalled adaptive autopilot system with a bright and clear, color display and a user interface designed by captains for captains.
- Large Color Display: The 5" diagonal screen is highly visible and easy to read with its vivid color palette
- Smooth Rotary Controller: Adjust your course with ease using the rotary controller, with push to enter functionality
- Easy To Use Interface: An intuitive user interface, designed by captains, with simple menus and dedicated keys ensures that you can alter course and find the information you need quickly and easily
- Rudder Interface Options: Comprehensive range of rudder support options, including dual rudder
- Thruster Integration: Interfaces bow or stern with jets and thrusters
- CAN Bus and NMEA 0183: Network the AP70 via industry standard connectors for ease and simplicity
- Optional Remote Joystick: Choose from a range of optional joysticks and remote levers to enhance your steering experience
Autopilot Computer Drive computer for rudder using reversible motor or non-isolated solenoids and frequency rudder angle feedback. Connection for NFU remote control and one channel IEC 61162-1 (NMEA 0183) RX/TX or IEC 61162-1,2 and 3 compatible.
RF 300 Rudder Feedback Unit
The RF300 is a medium duty rudder feedback unit which connects directly to the Autopilot Pilot Computer using two-wire frequency interface. The RF300 rudder feedback unit contributes towards smooth and accurate auto-steering by determining rudder angle. Used on boats with inboard engines.
Drive interface for on/off or proportional control of rudder or thruster using galvanic isolated solenoids or high level current with possibility for frequency, voltage or current angle feedback, digital drive handshake and external mode input.
- Display Type: Bonded 16-bit color TFT, CCF backlighting
- Display Size: 5" diagonal
- Screen Resolution: 480 x 480
- Data Interface: CAN Bus, Ethernet, USB
- Voltage: 12/24V DC
- Power Consumption: 0.7/0.4A at 12V DC, 0.4/0.3A at 24V DC
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalent Number (LEN): 1
- Weight: 2.6lb.
- Dimensions: 5 11/16"W x 9"L x 2 1/2"D
- Motor/Solenoid Drive: 30A continuous, 50A for 1 sec.
- On/off Solenoid Control of Rudder/Thruster: 12/24V DC, load range 10mA to 10A, off curret <1mA
- Clutch Bypass Current: 0.10mA-3A
- Rudder Angle Frequency Input: 15V, 1.4 to 5kHz, resol. 20Hz/°
- NFU Port/Starboard Input and Mode Indicator Output: External open/close contact, common ret, contact current max 30mA
- External Alarm Output for Buzzer/Relay: Max 100mA, voltage level as local supply
- Electric Vehicle Control Output: CAN via SG05
- Waterproof Rating: IPX2
- Dimensions: 7"W x 8 5/16"L x 2 3/8"
- Mount: Bulkhead
- Dimensions: 6 15/16" dia. x 2 9/16"H
- Weight: 1.1lb.
- Waterproof Rating: IP56
- Mount: Horizontal, vertical or upside down Cable: 33'
- Configurable Handshake Interface: Yes
- Remote FU/DP Select: Yes
- System Deselect Interface: Yes
- Autopilot Computer Redundancy: Yes
- Networking: IEC61162-3
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalent Number (LEN): 2
- Analog Voltage Control of Rudder/Thruster, Internal Supply: Range ±10V, max load 5mA
- Analog Voltage Control of Rudder/Thruster, External Supply: Supply range: 5-24V DC; Control range: 5-95% of supply range with zero ref at min or half ref; Voltage, max load 5mA
- Analog Current Contorl of Rudder/Thruster: 4-20mA
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.