SIMRAD–NAC-3 Autopilot Core Pack
NAC-3 Autopilot Core Pack
|Connection Interface||NMEA 0183|
|Drive Type||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Boat Displacement||
30000+ Pounds Depending on Drive Type
Suitable for Vessels Above 10 Meters/35 Feet in Length
|Type||Corepack (no control)|
|Warranty Details||Two Years IPX7 Waterproofing|
This pack includes all of the core components you need to upgrade your boat with a Simrad Continuum autopilot system.
This Core Pack includes a high-current computer, rudder feedback unit, solid-state compass, pluss cables and connectors. Just add a hydraulic pump or mechanical drive unit to suit your steering system, and choose a dedicated autopilot controller or Simrad multi-function display.
The NAC Autopilot Computer is the brains behind your Simrad autopilot system. It contains the electronics needed to operate a hydraulic steering pump or mechanical drive unit, while also interfacing with other components including heading sensors and rudder feedback units.
The NAC-3 was designed for boats 35' or longer. NAC-3 operates high-current drive pumps including the Simrad RPU160 and RPU300, mechanical drives such as the Simrad DD15, hydraulic linear drives such as the HLD2000 series, and solenoid valves.
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Simrad Continuum steering technology
- Recommended for boats above 35 feet in length
- High-current output of 30 amps continuous, 50 amps maximum
- Clutch output (3 amps maximum)
- Compatible with high-current drive pumps, mechanical drives, hydraulic linear drives, and solenoid valves
- Virtual rudder feedback for simplified installation aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats
- Supports Simrad RF25 and RF300 rudder feedback units
- NMEA 2000 connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedbacks, dedicated autopilot controllers, and multi-function displays with NMEA 0183
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.