NAIS-500 AIS Class B Transceiver
|Dimensions||4" Width x 1.65" Height x 5.5" Length|
|Voltage||9.6 to 31.2 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Pre-programming is required.
Reduce your risk of collision with this fully integrated, Class-B AIS transceiver.
The NAIS-500 provides added security when you're navigating busy ports, at night or in conditions of limited visibility. Compact in size, lightweight, fully waterproof, with low power draw and featuring multiple connections, the NAIS 500 is ideal for networking with any NSS, NSO, or GO series chartplotter/multifunction display and Simrad RS VHF system.
- Send and Receive: The NAIS 500 ensures that you are seen and can see on the water by sending a signal to other vessels with your navigational data, whilst you receive data from other vessels. This allows you to plan any necessary avoidance actions well in advance.
- Integrated Solution: Networks with your NSS, NSO, or GO series chartplotter / multi-function display and your marine VHF radio for a fully integrated system.
- Multiple Networking Connections: Compatible with NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, NMEA 0183 multiplexing and USB.
- Low Power Consumption: Ideal for sailboats or power boats, the NAIS 500 features a low average power consumption of 180 mA at 12V DC.
- AIS Type: Class B Transceiver
- Display Type: Not included
- Antenna: Not included. SO-239 connector
- Dimensions: 5 15/16"L x 3 7/8"H x 2 1/8"D
- Amperage: 180mA @ 12V DC
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalency Number (LEN): 1
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000 Certified, NMEA 0183 3, default 38,400 baud (bidirectional), 4,800 baud (bidirectional)
- Voltage: 9.6-31.2V DC (12/24V systems)
- Waterproof Rating: IP67 submersible
- Warranty: One year
What's in the Box
- Screws (packet of four
- Power and data cable
- USB configuration cable
- GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 cable
- Product CD
- Quick Start Guide
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.