NSS12 evo3 Multifunction Display and Broadband 4G Radar Package
|Antenna||Internal GPS Antenna|
|Compatibility||Networks Multiple Displays|
|Data Source||MicroSD Card Slot|
|Dimensions||13.84" Width x 8.87" Height x 3.82" Depth|
|Display Color||COLOR IPS Technology|
|Display Size||12" Diagonal|
High Visibility SolarMAX HD IPS Optically Bonded TFT
|Resolution||1280 x 800|
Three Years Waterproof
NSS12 evo3 Multi-function Display bundled with Broadband 4G Solid State Radar
Navigate, take control, and enjoy an unprecedented level of built-in functionality with NSS evo3. SolarMAX™ HD display technology delivers exceptional clarity and ultra-wide viewing angles (80° top/bottom, 80° left/right), combined with an all-weather touchscreen and expanded keypad for total control in all conditions. NSS evo3 includes built-in GoFree® Wi-Fi, true dual-channel CHIRP sonar, and much more.
- Widescreen SolarMAX™ HD Display: SolarMAX™ HD display technology revolutionizes the way you see your onboard electronics, with high-definition visuals and clear visibility no matter what the conditions. See clearly from any position, sitting or standing, with extra-wide viewing angles. Bright LED backlighting and an anti-reflective coating offer enhanced daytime visibility; SolarMAX™ HD displays are engineered to reliably endure the heat of the summer sun, perfect for outside installations. These all-weather screens are optically bonded to prevent condensation, and will never fog. Any time, any conditions, SolarMAX™ HD gives you the ultimate view.
- Radar System Control: Expand your view with Halo™ Pulse Compression radar, Broadband Radar™ or HD Digital Radar. NSS evo3 displays integrate with these network-connected Simrad radars to provide a full-featured radar interface complete with easy preset modes, custom manual tuning, MARPA target tracking, guard zones, overlay views, and many other features depending on your choice of radar system.
- Simrad Autopilot Integration: Take complete control of your Simrad autopilot with the NSS evo3 touchscreen or keypad. Set a heading, maintain your current course against wind and tide, steer to a waypoint, or follow a complex route with simple on-screen controls. NSS evo3 displays can serve as the sole controller for a “black box” autopilot system, or can be combined with dedicated autopilot controllers and wireless remotes. A networked Simrad autopilot system can be controlled from any NSS evo3 display on board, perfect for dual-helm vessels.
- Built-in 10 Hz GPS Receiver: All NSS evo3 displays include an integrated high-gain, high-speed GPS/GLONASS receiver that updates your position ten times per second, ideal for accurately tracking the motion of fast-moving powerboats. In outside bracket-mount installations, and in flush-mount installations in many fiberglass boats, this removes the need to purchase and install a separate GPS receiver. An optional external GPS receiver may be used as an auxiliary position source or in certain installations that prevent a clear GPS signal from reaching the integrated receiver.
- Integrated Sounder: A built-in sounder module equips every NSS evo3 display with a wealth of sonar technologies to suit many sportfishing and cruising applications. StructureScan® HD imaging combines DownScan and SideScan sonar to provide a picture-like views of fish holding structure, while ForwardScan® sonar offers a safer cruising experience with a clear view of the bottom ahead. Broadband Sounder™ technology provides CHIRP-enabled fish-finding sonar, including support for the all-in-one TotalScan™ transducer or dual-channel CHIRP transducers. Dual transducer ports allow simultaneous use of either StructureScan® HD or ForwardScan® and CHIRP or traditional sonar.
- TripIntel™ Technology: Designed for powerboaters, TripIntel™ technology tracks and displays the key information you need to plan safe and enjoyable days on the water. Make smart decisions with fuel range overlaid on charts, easy access to current and future tide levels, and a detailed history of your previous trips. While underway, the Cruise Performance Indicator makes it easy to tune trim and throttle to achieve maximum fuel economy and stay in the “green zone”, maximizing range and keeping fuel costs down.
- Refined User Interface: Switch seamlessly between intuitive touchscreen control with multi-touch gestures, and a full built-in keypad with rotary control dial. Every display function can be controlled by either the touchscreen or the keypad, giving you the flexibility to use whatever controls best suit current conditions and the task at hand. NSS evo3’s full keypad controls also mean you can choose to lock the touchscreen and rely on a classic button and rotary dial interface, without requiring a separate keypad.
NSS12 evo3 Specifications
- Display Type: High-visibility SolarMax HD® IPS optically bonded TFT
- Screen Size: 12" diagonal
- Screen Resolution: 800 x 1280
- Included Cartography: World basemap (no detailed charts)
- Optional Cartography: Navionics (Gold, NAV+ Platinum+), C-MAP (MAX N, MAX N+) NV Digital (Raster US Charts)
- Data Interface: NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183
- Receiver Type: Internal 10Hz, 34-channel WASS, MSAS, EGNOS, GLONASS
- Sonar: Sonar port 1: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200khz, HDI. Sonar port 2: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200khz, TotalScan, LSS HD, ForwardScan. Compatible with SonarHub, BSM-3, BSM-2 sonar modules
- Transmit Power: 1kW (RMS)
- Transducers: Sold separately
- Dimensions: 14 7/8"W x 9 7/16"H x 4 3/4"D
- Voltage: 10-31.2V DC
- External Storage: 2 MicroSD slots, max. 32GB each. Larger if formatted to NTFS
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Waypoints and Routes: 6000 waypoints, 500 Routes with 100 max route points, 50 tracks with up to 12,000 track points.
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6 and IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
Broadband 4G Radar Specifications
- Transmit Power: 165mW
- Maximum Range: 200' to 36nm with 18 range settings
- Effective Horizontal Beamwidth: 2.6°
- Rotation Speed: 24/36/48rpm
- Height: 11"
- Radome Diameter: 19 3/16"
- Weight: 16.31lb.
- Voltage: 9V to 31.2V DC (12/24V systems)
- Draw: 1.45A (20W @ 13.8V DC); 170mA standby (2.5W)
- Data Interface: NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000/SimNet, High-speed Ethernet
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.