RS40 VHF Radio with AIS
|Dimensions||6.496" x 9.252" x 10.433"|
|Display Type||Backlit Dot Matrix LCD|
Stay safe and connected with this VHF marine radio featuring a sleek design with removable fist mic, Class D DSC functionality, and built-in GPS. Keep track of nearby AIS-equipped vessels with an integrated AIS receiver, and add up to two optional wireless handsets to communicate clearly from anywhere on board.
- GPS 4-Ways: With the integrated GPS receiver the RS40 now has four ways to ensure you have a GPS fix in the event of an emergency.
- Built in AIS: A dual-channel AIS receiver monitors the position of nearby AIS-equipped vessels, helping you to avoid collisions in crowded harbours and waterways. AIS information can be viewed on the RS40's built-in screen, or overlaid on your chart or radar screen through a compatible multifunction display.
- Wireless Handset: Add up to two optional wireless handsets to take your radio anywhere on board. The HS40 handset was designed as an intuitive portable companion to the RS40. Each handset duplicates your radio's display and controls, enabling remote access to all key functions. Having multiple stations also allows the RS40 to double as a handy on-board intercom.
- Track Buddy: Track buddy is a feature that automatically requests the position of another VHF radio. Simply enter the MMSI of the VHF into your contact list, then start tracking!
- Navigation Mode: Press the NAV button on the RS40 to turn it into a navigational instrument displaying your Speed and Course. RS40 also contains a Man Overboard (MOB) function, hold down the NAV/MOB button to drop a waypoint on your current location and the RS40 will enter MOB mode to show you how far away you are and where you need to steer to get back to the position of the MOB event. The MOB waypoint is also transmitted over NMEA 2000 to the rest of your network.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.