GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed-Mount VHF Radio
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
2018 Standard Horizon Gear Up for Summer Rebate
Purchase a qualifying product and receive a $20 to $40 rebate.
- Save $20 on the HX210 (Model: 18050542)
- Save $30 on the GX1300 and GX1700 (Models: 16263279, 16263287, 14533418, 14533426)
- Save $40 on the GX2200 and HX870 (Models: 15088222, 15088214, 16263261)
Valid January 1, 2018 — July 31, 2018
MATRIX AIS/GPS GX2200 with integrated GPS and dual-channel AIS receiver utilizes AIS technology for avoiding collisions.
Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver: The GX2200 MATRIX AIS/GPS, features a 66 channel WAAS GPS receiver integrated into the front panel of the radio. Now there is no need to hassle with wiring the radio to an external GPS receiver for DSC (Digital Selective Calling) or AIS (Automated Identification System). Out of the box and ready to go, acquiring AIS and AIS SART targets, DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint navigation, and navigation to DSC distress calls can all be performed with just a few simple steps.
Dual-channel AIS receiver: The MATRIX AIS/GPS displays AIS target information (MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG), allowing you to contact an AIS-equipped vessel directly using DSC. It shows your vessel’s position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS-equipped vessel may be approaching too close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm.
30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back: The MATRIX AIS/GPS includes a 30W Loud Hailer with Fog signals, Bells and Whistles with listen-back capability. For added benefit, the last selected VHF channel can be heard when in the PA or Fog modes and the AIS Display may be accessed and used. In addition, the MATRIX AIS/GPS allows you to start a foghorn and then view the AIS page simultaneously.
Programmable collision avoidance alarms: The GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS shows your vessel’s position in relation to AIS targets and alerts you when an AIS ship may be approaching too close to your location via the Closest Point of Approach (CPA) Alarm, or Time to Closest Point of Approach (TCPA) Alarm.
RAM3 Second Station Compatible: Need to remotely control a VHF from your cockpit of flybridge? The MATRIX AIS/GPS is RAM3 remote mic capable to control all VHF and DSC functions at a second station. In addition, the MATRIX AIS/GPS can show AIS displays and vessel information. The Intercom feature allows communication between the main radio and the remote station.
Waypoint Navigation: Enter and save up to 100 waypoints. These waypoints may be selected and navigated to by using a unique navigation compass display that shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint.
It's built better so it's backed better: Because the GX2200 is built better, it’s back better. If your Standard Horizon GX2200 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges…period! If it fails thereafter in normal use for the life time of the product it is covered by Standard Horizon’s Lifetime Flat Rate Service and Customer Loyalty Programs.
- Integrated 66-channel WAAS GPS receiver
- Integrated dual-channel AIS (Automatic Identification System) receiver
- AIS / AIS SART target display: MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG
- 4800 or 38400 NMEA 0183 baud rate selection, for plotters with only one NMEA port
- True and Magnetic bearing selection on AIS display
- Contact Class A or B AIS Ship with DSC
- Programmable CPA or TCPA collision avoidance alarms
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
- Front panel is submersible to IPX7 standards (3.3 feet or 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- 80dB Commercial grade receiver tunes out noise from adjacent channels
- DSC position request and report functions
- 30 Watt PA/Loud Hailer with preprogrammed fog signals and listen back
- ClearVoice noise canceling speaker microphone with channel selection and 16/9 key
- GPS Compass, Waypoint and GPS status pages
- Navigation (LAT/LON, Time, SOG and COG) information shown on display
- Enter, Save and Navigate to waypoints with Compass page
- E2O (Easy-To-Operate) menu system
- User customizable soft keys for easy menu operation
- Versatile user-programmable scanning, priority scan and Dual Watch
- Oversized rotary channel knob with push to enter, backlit display and keys
- Local/Distance attenuator
- Optional connection for RAM3 second station remote microphone with AIS display
- Intercom between radio and RAM3
- Voice Scrambler (optional)
- Channel Selection: Rotary knob, up/down keys on microphone
- Controls: Volume, squelch, channel knob, spring loaded DSC distress cover, backlit keypad
- Microphone Controls: Channel selection, 16/9 key
- Display Type: Backlit alphanumeric LCD
- Scanning Modes: Programmable Scan, priority and Dual Watch
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Transmit Power: 25/1 Watt
- PA/FOG Signals: 30 Watt with listen back
- NMEA 0183 Inputs: GLL, GGA, GNS, RMC, GSA, GSV
- NMEA 0183 Outputs: DSC, DSE and VDM
- Dimensions: 7 1/8"W x 3 3/16"H x 6 5/16"D
- Flush Mount Cutout: 6 5/16"W x 2 5/8"H x 5 7/8"D
- Amperage: 5A/0.5A
- Waterproof Rating: Front panel meets IPX7, submersible standard
- Warranty: Three years, including water damage; after warranty a $65 flat rate covers the repair
GX2200 Matrix AIS/GPS Fixed-Mount VHF Radio
|AIS Display||Built-In AIS Display|
0.5 Amps (Standby)
5 Amps (Transmit)
|Dimensions||7 1/8" Width x 3 1/16" Height x 6 5/16" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
Built-In AIS Display
Three Years Waterproof
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)