STANDARD HORIZON–HX890NB Floating 6 Watt Class H DSC Handheld VHF/GPS Radio
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
HX890NB Floating 6 Watt Class H DSC Handheld VHF/GPS Radio
|Battery Life||11 Hours|
|Transmit Power||1/2/6 Watt|
|Dimensions||2.6" x 5.43" x 1.5" (without knob and antenna)|
Standard AAA Batteries
Emergency Strobe Light
Flashes When Floating
Noise Canceling Microphone
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
The new Standard Horizon HX890 shares all the same capabilities of the extremely popular HX870, with the addition of some great new features. Some prominent new features include two scrambler systems built in, both a 4 code CVS2500A and a 32 code FVP-42 scrambler system ensure secure communications out on the water. Another new feature includes a built in FM Broacast band receiver, during times when radio communication is not necessary, relax with some music on the FM Radio broadcast bands.
- Switchable daytime or nighttime mode
- Waypoint and route navigation
- Group monitor function utilizing DSC Group position call
The new HX890 has also been redesigned with a new ergonomic case design, and has been rigorously tested to conform with the Militay Standard (MIL-STD-810F).
The feature packed HX890 comes packaged with all the accesories including the rechargeable Li-Ion battery, Alkaline battery tray, 110V wall charger, 220V adapter, charging cradle, 12V charger, PC programming cable and belt lip with lanyard, and it's backed by our industry leading 3 year waterproof warranty.
- 6W transmit power output (Selectable 6/ 2/ 1 W)
- 700mW Loud Audio and Noise Canceling Function for both TX/RX audio
- Rugged case construction conforms to Military Standard (MIL-STD-810F)
- Submersible IPX8 Construction and it floats
- DSC (Digital Selective Calling) ITU-R M.493 Class-H Operation
- 2.60" Width x 5.43" Height x 1.50" Depth – Round Case Design provides excellent ergonomics
- Built-in Integrated 66 channel WAAS GPS Receiver
- 11-hour Operating Time with 1800mAh high capacity Li-ion battery
- Easy to Operate Menu System with a large (1.7" x 1.7") Full-dot matrix display
- Selectable Display Mode - Day & Night Mode
- Waypoint and Route navigation
- Group Monitor Function utilizing DSC Group Position Call
- MOB (Man over Board) feature
- Water Activated Emergency "WHITE" Strobe Light
- Two Scrambler Systems built-in – 4-code CVS2500A & 32-code FVP-42
- Versatile Scanning operation (Dual Watch and Triple Watch)
- NOAA Weather Channels with Weather Alert
- FM Broadcast Radio Receiver
- Micro USB Data jack for PC programming
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
$14.99 – $15.99