STAR BRITE–WinterSafe -50°F Professional Grade Antifreeze, Gallon
WinterSafe -50°F Professional Grade Antifreeze, Gallon
|Best Use||-50 Degrees|
High quality water system and engine protection used by the pros.
Winterizing your boat for the off season protects your investment and can prevent costly repairs in the spring. Star Brite WinterSafe -50° (-46°C) Marine Antifreeze provides the ultimate in cold weather and corrosion protection for drinking water systems, sanitation systems and all engines. Ideal for regions with a mild but freezing winter, this non-toxic formula uses pure virgin propylene glycol for effectiveness and quality. Virgin glycol reduces residual smell and tastes so that drinking water systems are not adversely affected by winterization. Corrosion inhibitors have been added to prevent damage to metal engine components and seals. Star Brite WinterSafe is alcohol free to reduce evaporation so that antifreeze maintains the same concentration and protects throughout the storage season. The intense pink color lets users know when antifreeze has traveled through water lines, sanitation system lines or engine cooling systems and serves as an indicator when flushing systems in the spring. Star brite WinterSafe is the professional choice for winterizing potable water systems, sanitation systems and engines.
- Non-toxic virgin propylene glycol formula
- Safe for potable water systems and engines
- Added inhibitors prevent corrosion in engine components and seals including aluminum, brass, copper and solder
- Ready to use—do not dilute
- Meets industry standard for burst protection in copper pipes to -50°F (-46°C)
- Alcohol free to reduce evaporation and maintain protection of areas of pooled water
- Ideal for regions that experience temperature ranges between 14°F to 18°F (-8°C to -10°C); for colder regions we recommend using non-toxic Pure Oceans antifreeze with a -60°F or -100°F rating
For a complete guide to selecting the right antifreeze for your climate and application, see Antifreeze 101.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.