VELOCITEK–Prism Electronic Sailing Compass
Prism Electronic Sailing Compass
The Prism is a stripped down racing compass. Class legal anywhere an electronic compass is legal, the Prism provides superior accuracy, and a massive display all in an ultralight, compact package.
- Ultra-lightweight. At a mere 137 g (4.8 oz) it is the world's lightest racing compass
- The Prism uses only magnetic input as its heading reference, has no memory, no user inputs, and performs no arithmetic functions. It's legal in all classes that allow electronic compasses
- Ultra-wide viewing angle. With 250° of visibility the Prism’s LCDs can be easily read from the helm to the trapeze wire
- The Prism uses a high precision 3-axis solid state magnetometer designed for aerospace applications to provide superior accuracy and responsiveness
- The Prism is battery powered with solar charging
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.