SpeedPuck GPS Speedometer
|Dimensions||4 1/2" Diameter x 1 1/16" Height|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Highly accurate wireless GPS speedometer, compass and bar graph wind shift indicator in a compact, waterproof case.
The SpeedPuck is a simple GPS speedometer that was created for sailing but can be used in any sport or situation where you want to see your speed easily. The SpeedPuck has big numbers that are easy to read, it can be installed very quickly and it gives you the accuracy and responsiveness you’re looking for.
- Easy to read: The SpeedPuck’s sunlight-readable, high-contrast LCD screen features 1.1" tall (27mm) digits in a font that’s optimized for readability. This means that if your boat’s under 40' long you’ll be able to mount the SpeedPuck on your mast and read it easily from anywhere in the cockpit, even if you don’t have perfect vision.
- Accuracy you can count on: The award-winning SpeedPuck is completely self contained and can be installed in seconds, without tools. Instead of using a paddle wheel, the SpeedPuck calculates your speed by measuring the Doppler shift in GPS signals to provide you with an updated reading twice a second. The SpeedPuck never needs to be calibrated and maintains uniform accuracy at all speeds. The SpeedPuck uses the same GPS technology as the Velocitek ProStart, which is used by all America’s Cup World Series teams.
- See what you can't feel: A less than half-knot change in boatspeed doesn’t feel like much and that’s a problem. The SpeedPuck gives you a new speed measurement every half-second. If you wander into adverse current or your crew on the rail start slacking, the SpeedPuck will tell you right away.
- Hit the water now: Nobody wants to read a manual. SpeedPuck is a product that anyone can figure out and start using in a few minutes, so you can spend more time on the water.
- Speed Mode: Displays speed and wind shift indicator updated twice a second. Can be disabled if prohibited by class rules.
- Heading Mode: Displays heading / course over ground and wind shift indicator, updated twice a second. Wind shift indicator can be disabled if prohibited by class rules.
- Maximum Speed mode: Displays maximum 10 second average speed, maximum instantaneous speed or flashes between both (user configurable).
- Automatic shift tracking: The SpeedPuck’s shift tracker locks on to the mean heading for your tack and then shows deviations from that heading with an easy-to-read bar graph. If you tack or jibe again, the shift tracker detects this, resets the bar graph and locks onto your new tack.
- Waterproof: The SpeedPuck is designed for long-term reliability in a saltwater marine environment. The device's case back screws off like the lid of a leak-proof water bottle to reveal the battery compartment. The SpeedPuck's battery compartment is also sealed off from the rest of the device's electronics, providing a second layer of protection against moisture.
- Display Type: LCD with 2Hz update rate (twice per second) and 120 degree viewing angle
- Digit Size: 1.06" height (27mm)
- Display Modes: Speed and compass, Header/Lift indicator updated at 2 times a second, Maximum and best 10 second average speed recall
- Speed Range: Knots, miles/hour, kilometers/hour or meter/second
- Speed Resolution: 0.1 Knots
- GPS Receiver: 16 Channel
- Battery Type: Three AA batteries (sold separately)
- Battery Life: 20 hours with disposable or rechargeable AA batteries
- Weight: 0.65lb with batteries
- Waterproof Rating: Waterproof to 3m (tested to IPX8 standard)
- Warranty: One year
What's in the Box
- Velocitek SpeedPuck
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Mounting Cradle
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.