WEEMS & PLATH–CrewWatcher, 1 Beacon
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
CrewWatcher, 1 Beacon
|Battery Life||5 Years|
|Battery Storage Life||10 Years|
|Dimensions||1.5" Width x 3.25" Height x 1.5" Depth|
CrewWatcher is an app-based crew overboard alarm system that is the fastest way to rescue a person who is overboard. The system works like a virtual lifeline and is made up of two components: a smartphone application and a small beacon that can be comfortably worn by each crew member. The beacon does not require complex manual activation. The alarm will trigger automatically in a Man Overboard (MOB) event. Should someone go overboard, the app, after sounding the alarm, will automatically provide lat/long coordinates of the MOB event, the time of the event, and will visually guide the rescuer using the virtual MOB compass.
- FREE App operates on most smart phones or tablets and is easy to use
- No cell service required
- Automatically updates with new features (both App and beacon)
- One smart device watches up to 5 crew members
- Perfect also for children, pets, a towed dinghy or bilge alarm
- Activates with water immersion OR separation from vessel
- Rescue: Shows crew overboard bearing, plus distance and lat/long coordinates at point of loss
- Bearing adjusts as boat moves and "virtual MOB Compass" points to location
- 30x faster response than Personal AIS Beacon at 1/3 the price
- WINNER, 2017 Sail Magazine Innovation Award
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
WEEMS & PLATHCrewWatcher MOB System, Two Beacons
41% Off - Ends 12/24/19