WEST MARINE–ISAF/ISO Specification 12401 Double Safety Tether
ISAF/ISO Specification 12401 Double Safety Tether
|Boat End Hardware||Aluminum double-action safety hook|
|Breaking Strength||5000 pounds|
|Harness End Hardware||locking carabiner|
|Length||18" & 41" long|
|Meets ISAF Standard||YES|
|Warranty Details||Three Years (with some manufacturer exeptions)|
WEST MARINE ISAF/ISO Specification 12401 Double Safety Tether
Elastic double tether has a 3' leg that extends from 18" to 36", plus a 6' leg that extends from 41" to 72". Incorporates lightweight aluminum double-action safety hooks, built-in stress indicator. With a 3' leg and a 6' leg, you have two options for safely tethering yourself. Short leg provides the highest security, and 6' leg allows you to stand or move around while safely clipped on.
- Includes a bright overload indicator flag embedded in the stitching that is exposed when the tether is stressed to the point of needing replacement (about 900lb. of force triggers the flag)
- The boat-end aluminum safety hook has an easy-to-use double-action gate that automatically locks closed, so it won’t accidentally release from attachment points
- Double-action gate is extremely easy to open in one ergonomic movement without pinching your hands
- Internal elastic located inside the webbing cover retracts when not under load, staying out of the way
- Non-magnetic, stainless steel auto-locking carabiner at chest end connects securely to the harness
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.