WEST MARINE–Mercury Pre-1998 O/B Platinum Fuel Line Assembly, Twist Lock, Female, 6' x 3/8"
Mercury Pre-1998 O/B Platinum Fuel Line Assembly, Twist Lock, Female, 6' x 3/8"
|Inside Diameter||3/8 Inch|
|Outside Diameter||11/16 Inch|
|Maximum Continuous Length||6 Foot|
|Type||Fuel Tank Lines|
Upgrade to an ethanol compatible low-permeation fuel line that meets EPA requirements and includes a fuel demand valve.
Current EPA regulations for portable fuel systems, require a new system approach to fuel delivery to ensure your boat’s safety and performance. EPA-compliant portable marine fuel tanks are now sealed and, unable to vent, causing fuel vapor pressure to build up in the tank. Pressurized fuel can readily lead to engine flooding and make even routine connection and disconnection of fuel fittings potentially dangerous.
To eliminate these problems, West Marine low-permeation fuel line assemblies feature a sprayless tank connection to eliminate fuel spray caused by tank pressure and an in-line Fuel Demand Valve to prevent fuel from flooding the engine. A high output multi-layer low-permeation primer bulb remains fully flexible in a wide range of temperatures while resisting ballooning under pressure and collapsing under vacuum. High-strength low permeation fiber-reinforced hose is fully compatible with ethanol blended fuels and is secured with stepless, 360° stainless steel hose clamps for a clean connection that will not catch on gear.
- Compatible with ethanol blended fuels
- Meets current EPA regulations
- Pre-assembled using low permeation fuel line, bulb, Fuel Demand Valve, Mercury engine connector and sprayless tank connector and tank fitting
- Exclusive check valves allow priming in multiple orientations without restricting fuel flow
- Bulb provides 60% more output and resists collapsing under vacuum and ballooning under pressure
- Meets and exceeds fuel flow requirements for all outboard manufacturers
- Two-year warranty
- Hose Size: 3/8"
- Length: 6'
- Fuel Demand Valve: Yes
- Ethanol Compatible: Yes
- Approvals: EPA cert., CARB cert., ABYC H-25 and USCG
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.