Simple—and time-tested—solution to sail trim.
Thousands of dollars of electronics cannot tell you your sails are trimmed for maximum efficiency, but an 8" length of yarn can. Positioned at key points on the sail, these Red and Green telltales give sailors instant feedback indicating air flow. These double strand wool telltales resist sticking and will not hold a crease. Ideal on the headsail for pointing, they can also be applied aft of the luff and at the battens on the main to monitor trim settings and quickly compensate for changes in wind direction or intensity. Each pack includes 14 telltales and adhesive discs to secure the telltale and is enough for the main and one headsail. While there is a place for electronics, properly trimmed sails get you to point B faster and nothing shows sailors how the wind is flowing over the sails better than simple telltales.
- Simple solution to aid sail trim
- Double stranded wool that resists creasing and sticking
- Easy to install
- Ideal on the headsail to indicate best possible pointing angle
- Includes 7 Red and 7 Green telltales with adhesive discs for installation (enough for the main and one headsail)
- Detailed instructions guide your to position telltales in optimum locations on the sail
|Quantity Included||Set of 14|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).