Small Boom Vang
Add independent control of the main’s leech.
Boom vangs control mainsail leech tension independently of the mainsheet so you can control sail twist. They’re particularly effective off the wind, when the pull of the sheet is primarily horizontal, because they prevent the boom from lifting and spilling the wind. We offer four vangs to fit most dinghies and racer-cruisers.
Each vang features snap shackles on each block so they’re suitable for both permanent and temporary mounting and can be used as a preventer when attached to the rail. High-quality components include New England Ropes double braid and free-running Ronstan fiddle blocks. You’ll need to add snap shackle attachment points on the boom and mast base.
- Solution to controlling leech tension independently of the mainsheet
- Assembled using high quality Ronstan fiddle blocks and New England doublebraid line
- Snap shackles at both ends makes temporary installation possible
- Can be used as a preventer for downwind sailing
- Requires attachment points on boom and base of the mast
- Available in sizes appropriate for most dinghy and racer-cruiser applications
Small Boom Vang
|Boat Length||Less than 15 Feet|
|Dimensions||24 Feet x 5/16 Inch|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).