Babystay Adjuster 9-13/16" Closed 12-3/16" Open
|Breaking Strength||11700 Pounds|
|Safe Working Load||7700 Pounds|
A quick solution to connecting and tensioning temporary stays.
Inner forestays and babystays are an excellent way to hank on a storm sail or add support to the mast. But in tight situations when quick tacks are necessary they are more of hindrance than help. Having a way to quickly deploy and tension or remove and stow these extra stays is possible using a Wichard Babystay adjuster. This assembly features a shackle that attaches to the stay and a snap shackle connection at the pad eye or chainplate on the deck. A comfortable wheel provides the leverage to properly tension the stay for use with stormsails or to support and tune the mast. All components are manufactured using 316 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance. Make tacking easier by stowing the inner forestay; make stowing the inner forestay easier with a Wichard Babystay adjuster.
- Solution to quick installation and removal of inner forestays or babystays
- All 316 stainless steel construction for superior corrosion resistance
- Connects to stay with shackle or pin
- Chainplate or pad eye connect is made with snap shackle for easy tool-less removal and installation
- Provides 2 3/8" adjustment (pin to pin)
- Comfortable composite plastic wheel provides leverage to properly tension rigging
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.