XANTREX–Freedom Series Inverter / Charger Automatic Generator Start Module, AGS
Freedom Series Inverter / Charger Automatic Generator Start Module, AGS
ABYC and FCC Part 15
|Type||Automatic Generator Start Module|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Reduce time and effort monitoring and managing power consumption.
An automatic generator start (AGS) works with the inverter/charger to automate some of the power management tasks. This AGS module works with the new generation of Freedom SW inverter/chargers to start the generator when the inverter/charger senses that battery level have dropped close to the low voltage shut down of if demands exceed a certain level.
As part of the Xanbus network the AGS cannot function alone. Operation of the AGS requires a Xanbus System Control Panel (SCP). All of setup controls and features are programmed through the SCP with a user friendly interface.
User set parameters customize the system to meet the demands of unique systems. The generator can be set up to start and deliver power at certain battery voltage levels, when demands reach a set limit, when ambient temperatures reach a certain temp (for use with air conditioning systems). The AGS can also be programmed NOT to start the generator during set hours so that you have a peaceful night’s sleep. Even if AC demands are low, the AGS will employ the generator to charge the batteries when a set state of charge (SOG) is reached.
Protect the batteries by automating generator functions with a Xantrex AGS and spend less time monitoring and worrying about power consumption. Set the guidelines and let the system handle it for you.
- Automatically starts generator to protect batteries and handle high AC demands
- Requires the use of a Xantrex Xanbus System Control Panel (sold separately)
- Programmable to set when the generator is started for:
- Low battery voltage
- Battery state of charge
- Temperature start (to anticipate air conditioner draw)
- Load demand
- Quiet time to prevent generator starts during certain hours
- Compatible with Onan, Kohler, Westerbeke, Northern Lights, Generac and Powertech generators
- Dual remote temperature sensor ports for use with zoned air-conditioning systems (sensors sold separately)
- Not compatible with first generation Freedom SW inverter/chargers (use Xantrex part no. 815-3000)
- For additional system information and setup details see the owner’s manual and data sheets linked below
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.